21 Apr The Art of Creative Writing and Lyrical Expression – Sign up Today!
The Art of Creative Writing and Lyrical Expression
This inspirational, 8 week program takes underprivileged youth on a journey through creative writing, song writing and lyrical expression, while at the same time offering a rare and safe outlet for them to positively express themselves, without being judged.
• Week 1: Introduction to lyrical arts
• Week 2: Words, rhythm & flow
• Week 3: Writing styles and techniques
• Week 4: Positive affirmation/critical thinking
• Week 5- 7:Original works, recording sessions
• Week 8: Refine performance for showcase
This program provides youth with a creative means for musical expression, while at the same time integrating components of literacy into the program, which translates into the academic setting.
Our students that have participated in this course show improvements in:
• Writing and Language Arts
• Growth of character and self-worth
• Increased motivation in and out of school
• Increased self-awareness and discipline